Posts Tagged Traditional
Saturday took us the the magnificent Hampden House in Buckinghamshire. In the heart of the beautiful Chiltern Hills, this quintessentially English country house provided the perfect setting for Sian & Richard’s wedding day.
They arrived to a champagne and canapé reception in the great hall and as the October sunshine set across the Chiltern Hills the guests took their drinks outside to enjoy the views and to have photographs take. Who would of thought that possible on October 25th!
Wedding Breakfast announced, the guests made their way through to the dining room. The menu consisted of Chicken Liver Pate, spiced red onion chutney, cornichons, ciabatta, rocket leaves, followed by chicken breast, champ potato, warm salad of chorizo, green beans and roasted butternut, Madeira jus. Dessert was sticky toffee pudding, salted toffee sauce and clotted cream.
The guests then moved back into the great hall to cut the cheese cake, the bar was opened and the ceilidh band started playing. Cheese and coffee were served in the brick parlour.
The guests could enjoy all the wonderful rooms here, being overlooked by great paintings of historic royalty! Lovely day enjoyed by all, we hope to return.
Arrival drinks, butternut, Canapes, champ potato, champagne reception, chefs, Chicken, Chicken skewers, Chiltern Hills, chorizo, ciabatta, clotted cream, event, food, green beans, Hampden House, liver pate, perfect menu, quintessentially English country, red onion., staff, sticky toffee pudding, sunshine, Traditional
Tudor Oaks Lodge are pleased to announce their wedding website is now live.
With menus by Kingfisher http://o.b5z.net/i/u/10220436/f/Platinum_Menus_Weddings.pdf
We are pleased to be their preferred supplier.
Venue is looking lovely, a must view for all potential couples. The 15th Century Coaching Inn is situated around a beautiful Mediterranean courtyard! With two function rooms available, catering from 30-225 guests, we can help you plan the wedding or event of your dreams and offer you a memorable experience. Whatever your event, we can make it the most special – small or large, casual or elegant – we will make your occasion unforgettable. Any further information look at their website or contact Tudor Oaks or Kingfisher for more details.
Yesterday saw the Kingfisher team back together for the wedding of Michael & Madeleine at the beautiful Nether Winchendon House. We were all so excited! Ian & Rosie, Jodie, Amelia, Josh & our newbie Anna, front of house, John & Stuart cooking up a scrumptious wedding breakfast out back!
Bride was traditionally late, making poor Michael even more nervous than he already was! The ceremony took place in the barn which we then had to clear and lay up very quickly for them to be seated for dinner. As usual the team worked their magic and we did it with time to spare! It looked beautiful with all the bunting and wild flowers!
While we set up they enjoyed Canapés of Crispy Pork Belly, Spiced Bramley Puree; Mini Yorkie Pud, Beef Fillet, Horseradish and Watercress Cream; Cumberland Sausage, Honey and Beer Mustard; Tempura Tiger Prawns, Sweet Chilli Bruschetta, Vine Tomato, Rocket Pesto (v) Vegetable Spring Roll, Plum Sauce, all washed down with chilled Prosecco.
They then enjoyed a three course Wedding Breakfast of Roasted Butternut, Sun Blushed Tomato and Goats Cheese Tartlet, Roasted Pepper Tapenade, Rocket Leaves, followed by Braised Shank of Lamb, Buttered Mash, Redcurrant and Mint Jus, Crispy Leeks, Buttered Vegetables, and finished with a Trio of Desserts consisting of Treacle Tart, Eton Mess & Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake. It looked and smelt delicious!
We then cleared the barn again for the evening entertainment to begin and drinks and dancing completed a very happy day!
All of us agreed it was great to be back doing what we love so much! I think we enjoyed the day almost as much Michael & Madeleine!
So onto next week now, 2 weddings this Saturday, one at Brook Farm and one in Hertford! Busy busy for the team, let’s hope they are a great success like Saturday! Well done everyone!
Arrival drinks, bands, Bar, Buffet, Canapes, champagne reception, chefs, event, Fish n chips, food, Lamb shank, marquee, Nether Winchendon House, outdoors, perfect menu, staff, sunshine, Traditional, Watercress Cream, wedding, weddings
I’m aware I’ve been quiet lately with my blog, sorry, we haven’t been putting our feet up! far from it!
Behind the scenes we have been finalising numbers, menu choices, staff, logistics with all our lovely couples getting married this year.
We have had lots of couples and families in for tastings both for dates this year and next, and have 5 booked weddings in the diary for 2015 already!
Our lovely John is back from Tudor Oaks and with us again in the kitchen, we have missed him! His cheeky smile almost as much as his superb food!
So our first wedding of the season is in less than 2 weeks at the beautiful Nether Winchendon House for the lovely Michael & Madeleine.
We are all chomping at the bit to get into the season again, although with 37 weddings and events booked from now till November it’s going to be a busy one!
We are all a teeny bit excited though!!
Arrival drinks, Buffet, Canapes, champagne reception, chefs, Chicken skewers, event, food, Fork buffet, Ginger beer, Lamb shank, marquee, Music, new menus, outdoors, perfect menu, staff, sunshine, Tipis, Traditional, warm summers evening, wedding, weddings
Tip 1; Personalise your big day
Through the wedding season we cater at a wedding almost every weekend, and over the years I can honestly say that no two are the same! Or even remotely similar!
Making it personal, with little touches of your life together makes it much more special and given the freedom of having your wedding in a marquee or tipi allows you to start with that blank sheet.
So, let your personality shine through on your wedding day with these tried and tested ideas;
1. Decorate an area of your reception with pictures of you both growing up. It will make a fanstastic talking point, lots of couples do this, it works very well.
2. Personalise your wedding day menu! Perhaps use local produce to where you’re getting married or choose cuisine that has a personal memory tied to it. Met at a beach party in Thailand? Serve fish and chips and Thai noodles in boxes, Got engaged in Italy? Then serve a delicious pasta dish. We have plenty of menu choices and can tailor make that menu to suit you perfectly.
3. Welcome drinks can also symbolise you both, we had a couple from New Zealand who flew in authentic New Zealand beers and a couple who got married in the late Autumn and collected old jam jars to serve ginger beer cocktails, these were dispensed from big glass jars, which were placed on upturned logs and decorated with apples, looked fab!
4. Name your tables after places that are special to you, such as the place where you first met or where the magic proposal occurred. Or use photos of the two of you in the special places to decorate the tables.
5. Hand-written place names will add a personal touch to your day. While you’re in the handwriting mood, take the time to write a special few guests a thank-you note for all their help in the lead-up to your special day. A couple last year had an envelope with a thank-you for each guest hung on rope with pegs, this also doubled up as their table plan and seating arrangements.
6. Incorporate something that’s special to you both, one of our couples played in a drumming band, Batala, it was a fantastic sound and very noisy, set the pace for the day!
7. Run the theme throughout the day, Katie & Dan got married in a village hall, decorated it with bunting, arrived in a camper van and had desserts supplied by friends and family of Apple pies, cheesecakes, fairy cakes.
8. Another good idea to incorporate your guests is what James & Hayley did by getting their guests to write wish messages for them on a big board, they even make this very personal quirky sign!
9. Recruit talented friends and family – maybe one could sing while you sign the register and another could make your cake.
10. Finally this should really be at number 1! As this is by far my personal best! Last summer one of our grooms Ed stole the show with a 1000 origami paper cranes folded individually by himself which he hung from the tent with fishing wire, the effect was stunning! It is a Japanese legend, that promises to bring eternal good luck for the couple. It took him almost a year to make them! That’s dedication!
I hope that’s given you a few ideas, I’m sure there will be more great personal touches over this summer, I can’t wait to see them!
Apple, Arrival drinks, Bar, barbeque, Blackberries, Buffet, Canapes, champagne reception, chefs, Chicken skewers, Corporate, dark chocolate, event, Fish n chips, food, Ginger beer, Lamb, marquee, Music, outdoors, perfect menu, Pimms, staff, sunshine, Tipis, Traditional, vegetable kebabs, warm summers evening, wedding, weddings
This weekend saw us at Lavender Farm for Tipis open day. Despite the rain, it was so exciting talking to Potential brides & grooms about their special days! Every couple have such different ideas that get more and more interesting as the years go by! They came to view the Tipis up to see the great ambient space they provide, to discuss menu ideas with us and to sample our new evening food options. Spicy bean burgers with polenta, rosemary salt chips, pulled pork in barbecue sauce, Homemade beef & Stilton burgers and beer battered haddock n chips in bamboo cones. Easy no waste evening options that everyone enjoyed sampling. John barbecued despite the torrential rain and Daniel assisted me in chatting to excited couples about their ideas for 2014 weddings! Looks like we could be on for another busy summer! Can’t wait!
Bar, barbeque, Beef, Bride & groom, Buffet, Canapes, champagne reception, chefs, Chicken skewers, dark chocolate, Evening buffet, event, Fish n chips, food, Fork buffet, Music, outdoors, perfect menu, Polenta, sunshine, Tipis, Traditional, vegetarian, warm summers evening, wedding, weddings
Saturday we took a big team to the beautiful Manor of Groves hotel in Sawbridgewoth for Michael & Varara’s big Greek wedding, 295 family & friends, very laid back affair, apparently Greeks are always late I was told but didn’t quite believe it until I witnessed them arriving over a period of about 3 hours! Lots of food, dips, olives, breads, fruit, veg and cake, on top of the beautiful meal Dan and the kitchen created! Lots of alcohol and lots of dancing, from young to old, they kept their traditions going all night! When they pinned money on the bride and groom, Tom said he’d never seen so much cash in one place! Well done to everyone who worked very hard as always!
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- May 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- Kingfisher Event Caterers is a family run business, led by owners Dan and Rebecca Kempson since March 2010. The company has been established for 25 years and has built an enviable reputation as one of the leading caterers in and around Hertfordshire. Our company reputation is built on repeatedly delivering innovative menus, using the best quality ingredients and providing attentive, friendly and professional customer service.