Posts Tagged Corporate
Final week, still busy on tastings and corporate lunches, with a wedding this Saturday and a private party to prep for, the kitchen is still buzzing!
But, What a year for all of us! We’ve catered for some fantastic clients, been part of beautiful weddings, memorable occasions, both big and small!
Last Saturday we went out for some well earned food and drinks at our Christmas party, no pics to blog from this! But everyone had a fab time! Few casualties! But no names mentioned!
We thank you all, all of our team, from Phil, our legend kitchen staff, to all our fantastic front of house waiting staff, to John, our superb head chef! We couldn’t of done it without you all! 2015 is looking lively for us and we can’t wait to be involved and be part of those memorable days once again!
Merry Christmas, to you all!
Dan & Laura x x
This captures 2014 for us, we’ve put it up in the kitchens today!
Buffet, champagne reception, chefs, Chicken skewers, Corporate, corporate lunches, dark chocolate, event, jäger bomb, kitchen staff, marquee, Music, outdoors, perfect menu, warm summers evening, wedding, weddings
Saturday 19th will go down in Kingfisher history as being the hotest ever to day to cook and serve in a marquee! Three very different wedding this weekend for us but all of them professionally executed by the chefs and front of house teams despite everyone feeling like they’d had a fully clothed shower! At least the threatened thunder and lightning stayed away but it left us with soaring temperatures and humidity! It’s not an easy task with ovens and barbecues throwing out heat aswell! So well done everyone for keeping their cool!
So I took off with John and the team to the lovely Sandridgebury Farm in St Albans for Sally & Andys wedding reception. Marquee overlooking beautiful countryside, such a picturesque spot. With Pimms and canapés on arrival, garden games and backing music, the setting was glorious. Even my staff seemed to be enjoying it!
Speeches started the wedding breakfast and then they all tucked into Rump of Lamb, Colcannon Mash, Asparagus and baby carrots and mint hollandaise, delicious, the bridal party agreed with me, it’s the sauce that makes this dish! Well cooked John!
This followed by a trio of desserts, Dark chocolate torte, orange shortbread, pistachio cream; Raspberry Brûlée, vanilla shortbread; lemon & ginger cheesecake, mint & raspberry Coulis. All washed down with ice cold wine and followed by tea, coffee & petit fours.
Lots & lots of evening guests arrived and danced the night away to a live band, Jodie, Amelia & Kate keep the drinks flowing from the bar with the help of our lovely chef John, who is becoming a bit of a legend behind the bar! Great day!
Ian and his team looked after Craig and Lisa’s wedding set in Tipis at Lavender Farm in Hitchin. Bench style tables set with fresh Lavender set the scene, the bridal party arrived in two white Rolls Royces.
Canapés and champagne on arrival, followed by a lovely meal exceptionally cooked by MJ and Stewart. The Kingfisher signature trio of desserts was devoured Ian said! Evening food of Fish and chips, with disco dancing and cold beer from the bar made a memorable evening, for all apart from the guests drinking jager bombs, they may not of remembered to much this morning! Great time had by all!
Team 3 went with a Dan & Seema to Chesham for Akexa & Ryan’s wedding celebrations! They had planned to have a very informal day with canapés and bowl food served to the guests in their parents garden. No particular seating plan was required, just a very relaxed style of service. Unfortunately due to the storm predictions they managed to secure the local church hall and moved everyone there instead, then in typical British fashion it didn’t rain a drop! Great day had by all though, they ate loads and partied hard into the night, with Tom expertly pouring and serving drinks from the bar the day flowed without a hitch!
So another trio for team Kingfisher! Well done to everyone involved, we are making these exceptionally busy weekends a great success! Long may it continue!
Arrival drinks, Bar, barbeque, Canapes, champagne reception, chefs, colcannon mash, Corporate, dark chocolate torte, event, Fish n chips, food, Fork buffet, ginger, Hollandaise sauce, jäger bomb, Lamb, lemon, marquee, outdoors, perfect menu, raspberry Coulis, shortbread, staff, Tipis, warm summers evening, wedding, wedding reception, weddings
Tip 1; Personalise your big day
Through the wedding season we cater at a wedding almost every weekend, and over the years I can honestly say that no two are the same! Or even remotely similar!
Making it personal, with little touches of your life together makes it much more special and given the freedom of having your wedding in a marquee or tipi allows you to start with that blank sheet.
So, let your personality shine through on your wedding day with these tried and tested ideas;
1. Decorate an area of your reception with pictures of you both growing up. It will make a fanstastic talking point, lots of couples do this, it works very well.
2. Personalise your wedding day menu! Perhaps use local produce to where you’re getting married or choose cuisine that has a personal memory tied to it. Met at a beach party in Thailand? Serve fish and chips and Thai noodles in boxes, Got engaged in Italy? Then serve a delicious pasta dish. We have plenty of menu choices and can tailor make that menu to suit you perfectly.
3. Welcome drinks can also symbolise you both, we had a couple from New Zealand who flew in authentic New Zealand beers and a couple who got married in the late Autumn and collected old jam jars to serve ginger beer cocktails, these were dispensed from big glass jars, which were placed on upturned logs and decorated with apples, looked fab!
4. Name your tables after places that are special to you, such as the place where you first met or where the magic proposal occurred. Or use photos of the two of you in the special places to decorate the tables.
5. Hand-written place names will add a personal touch to your day. While you’re in the handwriting mood, take the time to write a special few guests a thank-you note for all their help in the lead-up to your special day. A couple last year had an envelope with a thank-you for each guest hung on rope with pegs, this also doubled up as their table plan and seating arrangements.
6. Incorporate something that’s special to you both, one of our couples played in a drumming band, Batala, it was a fantastic sound and very noisy, set the pace for the day!
7. Run the theme throughout the day, Katie & Dan got married in a village hall, decorated it with bunting, arrived in a camper van and had desserts supplied by friends and family of Apple pies, cheesecakes, fairy cakes.
8. Another good idea to incorporate your guests is what James & Hayley did by getting their guests to write wish messages for them on a big board, they even make this very personal quirky sign!
9. Recruit talented friends and family – maybe one could sing while you sign the register and another could make your cake.
10. Finally this should really be at number 1! As this is by far my personal best! Last summer one of our grooms Ed stole the show with a 1000 origami paper cranes folded individually by himself which he hung from the tent with fishing wire, the effect was stunning! It is a Japanese legend, that promises to bring eternal good luck for the couple. It took him almost a year to make them! That’s dedication!
I hope that’s given you a few ideas, I’m sure there will be more great personal touches over this summer, I can’t wait to see them!
Apple, Arrival drinks, Bar, barbeque, Blackberries, Buffet, Canapes, champagne reception, chefs, Chicken skewers, Corporate, dark chocolate, event, Fish n chips, food, Ginger beer, Lamb, marquee, Music, outdoors, perfect menu, Pimms, staff, sunshine, Tipis, Traditional, vegetable kebabs, warm summers evening, wedding, weddings
We have finally finished the website! it now has pictures of all our new food and menus, with great testimonials and new venue information.
We are very pleased with the result, it shows a more personnal side of us, no stock shots here, just genuine pictures taken at actual weddings and events from last year!
I will try and update them with some of the chefs and staff in action over the year, although they are a very outgoing bunch, they do get a bit camera shy!
barbeque, Buffet, Canapes, champagne reception, chefs, Chicken skewers, Corporate, dark chocolate, event, food, Fork buffet, Funerals, Lamb, marquee, new menus, outdoors, perfect menu, staff, sunshine, Tipis, vegetarian, warm summers evening, wedding, weddings
Last event done and dusted today, Kingfisher team can now kick back and enjoy the Christmas holidays! It’s been a fantastic year which has seen us at weddings in snow, rain and thankfully mostly sunshine, small family gatherings to huge, and I mean huge, corporate parties! the kitchen team have worked wonders, they have delivered the most delicious dishes, and the front of house team have always served it with a smile!
Last Friday saw us out for a Christmas party, funny being on the other side! We partied hard and the hardcore ones ended up dancing til 4am! great fun!
New menus go live on the website this week, here are a few sneak previews! Looking pretty good!
Happy Christmas to everyone who follows us, see you in 2014!
Back at Wrest Park this evening for Whitbread’s Christmas Party, last week saw us serving a delicious 3 course meal to 250, this week we are serving 720!!
The kitchen once again have worked their magic to prepare the following menu! A starter of Roasted Butternut, Sun-Blushed Tomato and Devon Blue Cheese Tartlet, Red Pepper Tapenade, Rocket Salad; followed by a Main Course of Roasted Breast of Chicken with Honey and Thyme, Roasted Parsnips, Potatoes and Carrots with Salsa Verde, with Black Olive Polenta, Field Mushroom Crumble, Sweet Potato Fondant for the vegetarians.
Mini Desserts finish off the meal of White Chocolate and Hazelnut Brownies, Mini Citrus Tartlets and Mini Meringues, Passion Fruit Cream and Popping Candy. Sounds delicious!
With over 70 staff working tonight, it’s going to be a challenge, just because of the numbers, but we’ve done it before! We are a good team!
These are some pics from last weeks event, will post some from tonight tomorrow.
Been a bit quieter for us on the event front over the last few weeks, although behind the scenes we have been busy working on the new brochure, menus & pictures for the website. It will go live in a about a week, looks great, well done to everyone involved! some delicious new dishes and the pictures look fantastic!
Still lots of couples coming in for tastings and a few funeral buffets and corporate lunches have kept the kitchen busy!
KF team with Utopia leisure tomorrow, 1st Christmas corporate at the beautiful Wrest Park in Silsoe, this week for 250, next for 700! Saw John yesterday making a start on peeling the carrots!
Christmas emails are being sent out to everyone we have worked with this year, so for those who haven’t opened theirs;
Will the chefs be in their Christmas hats tomorrow? Let’s hope so, I’m starting to feel a bit festive now! I will post some pictures from tomorrow over the weekend and will post some of our new menus next week!
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- May 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- Kingfisher Event Caterers is a family run business, led by owners Dan and Rebecca Kempson since March 2010. The company has been established for 25 years and has built an enviable reputation as one of the leading caterers in and around Hertfordshire. Our company reputation is built on repeatedly delivering innovative menus, using the best quality ingredients and providing attentive, friendly and professional customer service.