Archive for May, 2020
With one of our Kingfisher@Home delicious delivery boxes! Picnic Boxes and Afternoon Tea Boxes are a wonderful way to enjoy a summer’s day with family or friends and can now be delivered to your door in our refrigerated vehicles whilst observing social distancing measures.
Picnic Boxes are £14.50pp. (A minimum order of 4 people)
Delivered in our biodegradable boxes which each will contain:
Kingfisher Homemade Sausage Rolls with Caramelized Red Onion
Roasted Vegetable and Goats Cheese Tartlet (v)
Homemade Scotch Eggs
Summer Herb Chicken
English Strawberries and Cream
Egg and Mustard Cress Roll (v)
Crudites with Smoked Paprika Houmous (v)
Afternoon Tea Boxes are £13.50pp. (A minimum order of 4 people)
Delivered in our biodegradable boxes which will contain:
Lemon Drizzle Cake
Pimms and Strawberry Jelly
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches
Egg and Mustard Cress Finger Sandwiches
The wait is over! . . . . We have been busy at HQ working on this new offering from us here!
Kingfisher@Home is now live!
Due to the events industry being temporarily on hold during the Covid-19 pandemic, we have been trying to keep busy and have adapted some of our wedding and event menus to bring our dishes to your door lovingly prepared by our chefs at Kingfisher HQ using the freshest and seasonal ingredients.
We are now offering 3 course dinner delivery menus that are great if hosting a small dinner party for close family or friends without any of the hassle……… Obviously once we are allowed to do this!
In addition we have our picnic boxes, afternoon tea, canapé boxes and ready to cook dinners all which will be delivered in our refrigerated vehicles whilst following social distancing measures. Cooking guidelines will be provided and a full list of allergens is available for each dish.
For further information please head over to our website to see our new Kingfisher@Home menus and if we could ask that you share our new @Home menus on Social Media with family and friends as this would be greatly appreciated!
We look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Dan, Laura and the Kingfisher team
We are proud to be a founding member of the Association of British Wedding Businesses. Along with other members we can tackle the upcoming challenges within our industry together. @assocbritishweddingbusinesses
John our very talented head chef has been spending his time at home creating some new dishes for you to cook at home! These are easy cook recipes that you can follow and cook yourself ! So please try these out, we would also love to see any pics of your finished dishes! Send them to us at email@example.com and I will post in our Social Media. Enjoy!
Chicken Milanese with spaghetti Pomodoro
Thin crispy parmesan chicken, fragrant basil, spaghetti and pomodoro sauce is a firm favourite in my house. My boys love this dish, although it can get a bit messy! But then all meals are messy with a three-year-old and a nine-month-old!
The secret to this dish is the tomato sauce. Tinned tomatoes (ideally plum) are great, but need a bit of time to reduce to almost a thick paste which will really intensify the flavour and make this dish a standout.
Clove of garlic
Bunch of basil
400g tin of tomatoes (plum or chopped)
1 small onion
1 large chicken breast
Plain flour (enough to coat the chicken breast)
Breadcrumbs (you can make your own or use shop bought ones- panko breadcrumbs work well)
Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
Salt, pepper and pinch of sugar
1. Roughly chop the onion and garlic.
2. Put in a saucepan with the tomatoes, 100ml of water and 2 or 3 basil stalks. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
3. Cook for 30/40 minutes on a low heat until thick and pulpy.
4. Purée with a stick blender until smooth, then return to the pan to keep warm.
1. You need 3 bowls, 1 for each of the following: egg whisked with a little milk, plain flour (seasoned with salt and pepper), and breadcrumbs with a generous handful of parmesan.
2. Split the chicken across the breast to make 2 fillets.
3. Cover with clingfilm and flatten by whacking it with a rolling pin. You should have nice, thin steaks.
4. Coat the chicken in the flour then tap off the excess.
5. Dip the chicken in the egg and milk mixture.
6. Cover with the breadcrumbs and parmesan.
7. Pre-heat a frying pan till it is very hot then add a large glug of olive oil and pan fry until golden brown.
1. Cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the packaging. Drain, then add a drizzle of olive oil- this stops your pasta going sticky.
2. Assemble the dish on plates and finish with grated parmesan, chopped basil and a drizzle of olive oil.